Jump to Main Content
- Timm, Derek; Willis, Holly; Thomas, William; Sanders, Lisa; Boileau, Thomas; Slavin, Joanne
- British journal of nutrition 2011 v.105 no.9 pp. 1337-1342
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; cross-over studies; deglutition; dietary fiber; digestive system; feces; gastric emptying; ingredients; men; nutritional intervention; pH; t-test; temperature; wheat bran; women; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Historically, measurement of gastrointestinal transit time has required collection and X-raying of faecal samples for up to 7 d after swallowing radio-opaque markers; a tedious, labour-intensive technique for both subjects and investigators. Recently, a wireless motility capsule (SmartPill®), which uses gut pH, pressure and temperature to measure transit time, has been developed. This device, howe ...
- Spiller, Gene A.; Story, Jon A.; Furumoto, Emily J.; Chezem, Jo Carol; Spiller, Monica
- British journal of nutrition 2003 v.90 no.4 pp. 803-807
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; adults; bile acids; colon; colorectal neoplasms; cross-over studies; dietary fiber; excretion; experimental diets; feces composition; normal values; raisins; risk; short chain fatty acids; solar drying; tartaric acid; volatile fatty acids; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Sun-dried raisins are a source of dietary fibre and tartaric acid. The effects of tartaric acid on colon function have not been the focus of extensive research. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of dietary fibre and tartaric acid from sun-dried raisins on colon function and on faecal bile acid and short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) excretion in healthy adults. Thirteen health ...