Jump to Main Content
- Molist Gasa, Francesc; Ywazaki, Mauro; Gómez de Segura Ugalde, Arantza; Hermes, Rafael Gustavo; Gasa Gasó, Josep; Pérez Hernández, José Francisco
- British journal of nutrition 2010 v.103 no.6 pp. 879-885
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; piglet feeding; organic matter; animal health; short chain fatty acids; propionic acid; wheat bran; nutrient-drug interactions; intestinal microorganisms; diarrhea; Enterobacteriaceae; antidiarrhea agents; crude protein; intestines; animal performance; digestible protein; chemical concentration; feeder pigs; dietary fiber; health status; microbial colonization; animal development; feed intake; acetic acid; physicochemical properties; digesta; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The influence of fibre inclusion and transit time regulation on the performance, health status, microbial activity and population, physico-chemical characteristics of the hindgut digesta and intestinal morphology in early weaned pigs were examined. For these experiments, wheat bran (WB) was used as fibre source and loperamide as a drug (LOP) to increase the digesta transit time. In Expt 1, a total ...
- Spiller, Gene A.; Story, Jon A.; Furumoto, Emily J.; Chezem, Jo Carol; Spiller, Monica
- British journal of nutrition 2003 v.90 no.4 pp. 803-807
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; adults; bile acids; colon; colorectal neoplasms; cross-over studies; dietary fiber; excretion; experimental diets; feces composition; normal values; raisins; risk; short chain fatty acids; solar drying; tartaric acid; volatile fatty acids; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Sun-dried raisins are a source of dietary fibre and tartaric acid. The effects of tartaric acid on colon function have not been the focus of extensive research. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of dietary fibre and tartaric acid from sun-dried raisins on colon function and on faecal bile acid and short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) excretion in healthy adults. Thirteen health ...