Jump to Main Content
- Timm, Derek; Willis, Holly; Thomas, William; Sanders, Lisa; Boileau, Thomas; Slavin, Joanne
- British journal of nutrition 2011 v.105 no.9 pp. 1337-1342
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; cross-over studies; deglutition; dietary fiber; digestive system; feces; gastric emptying; ingredients; men; nutritional intervention; pH; t-test; temperature; wheat bran; women; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Historically, measurement of gastrointestinal transit time has required collection and X-raying of faecal samples for up to 7 d after swallowing radio-opaque markers; a tedious, labour-intensive technique for both subjects and investigators. Recently, a wireless motility capsule (SmartPill®), which uses gut pH, pressure and temperature to measure transit time, has been developed. This device, howe ...
- Molist Gasa, Francesc; Ywazaki, Mauro; Gómez de Segura Ugalde, Arantza; Hermes, Rafael Gustavo; Gasa Gasó, Josep; Pérez Hernández, José Francisco
- British journal of nutrition 2010 v.103 no.6 pp. 879-885
- gastrointestinal transit, etc ; piglet feeding; organic matter; animal health; short chain fatty acids; propionic acid; wheat bran; nutrient-drug interactions; intestinal microorganisms; diarrhea; Enterobacteriaceae; antidiarrhea agents; crude protein; intestines; animal performance; digestible protein; chemical concentration; feeder pigs; dietary fiber; health status; microbial colonization; animal development; feed intake; acetic acid; physicochemical properties; digesta; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The influence of fibre inclusion and transit time regulation on the performance, health status, microbial activity and population, physico-chemical characteristics of the hindgut digesta and intestinal morphology in early weaned pigs were examined. For these experiments, wheat bran (WB) was used as fibre source and loperamide as a drug (LOP) to increase the digesta transit time. In Expt 1, a total ...