Jump to Main Content
- Renvoisé, J. P.; Chambon, F.; Gleize, M.; Pradeilles, N.; Garnier, S.; Rolland, M.
- Bulletin OEPP 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 111-121
- Malus; Prunus; Tobacco ringspot virus; Vitis; analytical specificity; detection limit; diagnostic specificity; quarantine; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; surveys
- ... The aim of the study was to select, optimize and characterize RT‐PCR tests for the detection of Tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV) in post‐entry quarantine. Among five different tests, the Poojari et al. (Journal of Virological Methods 235, 112–118) and Jossey & Babadoost (Plant Disease 90, 1361) conventionnal RT‐PCR tests were chosen and optimized for this purpose. Ten TRSV isolates, 17 healthy plants ...
- Valente, M. T.; Bragaloni, M.; Di Giambattista, G.; Riccioni, L.
- Bulletin OEPP 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 104-110
- DNA; European Union; Tilletia indica; analytical specificity; detection limit; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic specificity; fungi; pathogens; pests; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; quarantine; teliospores; wheat
- ... Tilletia indica Mitra is a fungal pathogen causing Karnal bunt of wheat. Tilletia indica is a quarantine pest in many countries worldwide. In the European Union, imported wheat grain from countries where the fungus is present must be checked for the presence of T. indica teliospores. The inspection services at the borders need rapid, sensitive and reliable detection tests to identify T. indica spo ...