Jump to Main Content
- Moyo, Ngonidzashe. A. G.; Rapatsa, Mmaditshaba M.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2019 v.102 no.4 pp. 492-497
- adsorption; cadmium; copper; fish; fish consumption; grasses; health effects assessments; human health; iron; irrigation; irrigation water; lead; manganese; river water; rivers; sand; sewage effluent; sewage treatment; sodium; zinc; South Africa
- ... Ecological and human health risk assessments were undertaken in an urban river, Sand River. Suitability of river water for irrigation was also determined. Samples were taken on a monthly basis from four sites. Site 1 was upstream of a sewage treatment plant, sites 2, 3 and 4 were downstream. The mean concentrations of trace metals in Sand River water after sewage effluent discharge followed the or ...
- Chemingui, Hajer; Smiri, Moez; Missaoui, Takwa; Hafiane, Amor
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2019 v.102 no.4 pp. 477-485
- Trigonella foenum-graecum; antioxidants; bioavailability; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; fenugreek; leaves; nanoparticles; nanosheets; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; pigments; roots; toxicity; zinc oxide
- ... The aim of this work was to study the toxicity of nanosheet zinc oxide nanoparticle with the size of 45 nm. The penetration of nanoparticles at an exposure by a localized spray does not make it possible to understand the mechanism of transport and bioavailability of the nanoparticles. In contrast, nanoparticles penetrated, via the roots, as a function of their diameter, the smaller ones having cau ...