Jump to Main Content
- Vollmannova, A.; Kujovsky, M.; Stanovic, R.; Arvay, J.; Harangozo, L.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 561-568
- alluvial soils; alluvium; cadmium; floodplains; lead; loam soils; mercury; risk; risk estimate; rivers; sandy soils; sediment contamination; soil pollution; Slovakia
- ... The Nitra river is one of the most polluted rivers in the Slovak Republic. The aim of the study was to estimate the risk of Cd, Pb and Hg contamination of riverside sediments and alluvial soil in the vicinity of the Nitra river. The pseudototal Cd (all Cd forms except for residual fraction) and total Hg contents in riverside sediments (0.74–1.88 and 0.06–5.44 mg/kg, respectively) exceeded the limi ...
- Musilova, Janette; Arvay, Julius; Vollmannova, Alena; Toth, Tomas; Tomas, Jan
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 569-575
- Athyrium filix-femina; Poaceae; atomic absorption spectrometry; cadmium; copper; heavy metals; herbs; humus; lead; mercury; mining; risk; soil; soil pollution; zinc; Slovakia
- ... Due to its status as one of the most contaminated regions in Slovakia, 45 soil and plant samples were collected in the Middle Spis region. In soil, the exchangeable soil reaction, humus content and heavy metals content (Zn, Cd, Cu, Pb, Hg) were determined. Total content of heavy metals (TC-HMs) and content of mobile forms (MF-HMs) in soil, as well as metal content in plants, were determined by ato ...