Jump to Main Content
- Tunçsoy, Mustafa; Duran, Servet; Ay, Özcan; Cicik, Bedii; Erdem, Cahit
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 486-489
- Clarias gariepinus; chitosan; copper; exposure duration; fish; gills; kidneys; liver; mortality; muscle tissues; spectrophotometers; spleen
- ... Accumulation of copper (Cu), applied singly and in mixture with chitosan (CT), in gill, liver, spleen, kidney and muscle tissues of Clarias gariepinus was studied after exposing the fish to no Cu (control), 5 ppm Cu, 5 ppm Cu + 75 ppm CT mixture over 1, 7 and 15 days. Metal levels in tissues were determined using an ICP-AES spectrophotometer. No mortality was observed during the experiments. Highe ...
- Jiang, Haifeng; Qin, Dongli; Chen, Zhongxiang; Tang, Shizhan; Bai, Shuyan; Mou, Zhenbo
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 536-542
- Lethenteron camtschaticum; arsenic; bioaccumulation; cadmium; chromium; copper; fish; fish consumption; fishermen; heavy metals; lead; mercury; migratory behavior; neoplasms; risk; risk assessment; rivers; trophic levels; water pollution; zinc; China
- ... Concentrations of Cu, Zn, Cr, As, Cd, Pb and Hg were determined in 153 samples covering 18 fish species collected from Heilongjiang River, China, and the potential health risks to local residents through fish consumption were estimated. Results revealed that all metals were detected with Cd and Pb having considerably lower detection rate. There were 28.6 % of Lethenteron camtschaticum samples exce ...