Jump to Main Content
- Musilova, Janette; Arvay, Julius; Vollmannova, Alena; Toth, Tomas; Tomas, Jan
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 569-575
- Athyrium filix-femina; Poaceae; atomic absorption spectrometry; cadmium; copper; heavy metals; herbs; humus; lead; mercury; mining; risk; soil; soil pollution; zinc; Slovakia
- ... Due to its status as one of the most contaminated regions in Slovakia, 45 soil and plant samples were collected in the Middle Spis region. In soil, the exchangeable soil reaction, humus content and heavy metals content (Zn, Cd, Cu, Pb, Hg) were determined. Total content of heavy metals (TC-HMs) and content of mobile forms (MF-HMs) in soil, as well as metal content in plants, were determined by ato ...
- Jiang, Haifeng; Qin, Dongli; Chen, Zhongxiang; Tang, Shizhan; Bai, Shuyan; Mou, Zhenbo
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 536-542
- Lethenteron camtschaticum; arsenic; bioaccumulation; cadmium; chromium; copper; fish; fish consumption; fishermen; heavy metals; lead; mercury; migratory behavior; neoplasms; risk; risk assessment; rivers; trophic levels; water pollution; zinc; China
- ... Concentrations of Cu, Zn, Cr, As, Cd, Pb and Hg were determined in 153 samples covering 18 fish species collected from Heilongjiang River, China, and the potential health risks to local residents through fish consumption were estimated. Results revealed that all metals were detected with Cd and Pb having considerably lower detection rate. There were 28.6 % of Lethenteron camtschaticum samples exce ...