Jump to Main Content
- Garduño Ruiz, E. P.; Rosales Hoz, L.; Carranza Edwards, A.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 490-496
- coastal water; copper; estuaries; lead; nickel; power plants; rivers; salinity; seawater; water pollution; Gulf of Mexico
- ... In order to estimate the effects of a thermal power plant, physicochemical parameters and the concentrations of copper, nickel and lead were evaluated in water from both Tampamachoco Lagoon and the estuary of the Tuxpan River. Average salinities were 33.66 ups in the lagoon area, 32.77 ups in the channel that joins the lagoon and the river, and 24.74 ups in the river estuary. Total average metal c ...
- Jiang, Haifeng; Qin, Dongli; Chen, Zhongxiang; Tang, Shizhan; Bai, Shuyan; Mou, Zhenbo
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 536-542
- Lethenteron camtschaticum; arsenic; bioaccumulation; cadmium; chromium; copper; fish; fish consumption; fishermen; heavy metals; lead; mercury; migratory behavior; neoplasms; risk; risk assessment; rivers; trophic levels; water pollution; zinc; China
- ... Concentrations of Cu, Zn, Cr, As, Cd, Pb and Hg were determined in 153 samples covering 18 fish species collected from Heilongjiang River, China, and the potential health risks to local residents through fish consumption were estimated. Results revealed that all metals were detected with Cd and Pb having considerably lower detection rate. There were 28.6 % of Lethenteron camtschaticum samples exce ...