Jump to Main Content
- Jaźwa, Małgorzata; Heise, Waldemar; Klimek, Beata
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 554-560
- botanical composition; case studies; community structure; correspondence analysis; pH; plant communities; roadside plants; salinity; traffic; vegetation; vegetation structure; Scandinavia
- ... This study assessed the effects of road-related alteration of substrate, including increased salinity, on vegetation along a meridional gradient in Fennoscandia. Vegetation community composition were surveyed in 29 randomly selected 1-m² sized roadside plots. Number of plant species and plant cover (%) on the plots were positively interrelated (p < 0.0001). Both variables also decreased towards th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bacchetta, Carla; López, Gerardo; Pagano, Gisela; Muratt, Diana Tomazi; de Carvalho, Leandro Machado; Monserrat, José María
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 456-462
- Danio rerio; anti-infective properties; bacteria; bacterial communities; environmental impact; gills; mucus; nanosilver; oxidative stress; silver; toxicity
- ... The antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles (AgNP) makes them useful in a wide range of products although their environmental impact is still uncertain. The main goal of this study was to evaluate short-term effects induced by AgNP on gills oxidative status and bacterial communities living at the skin mucus of zebrafish. Both the number of bacteria colony forming units and bacteria growth o ...