Jump to Main Content
- Fernanda Garcia Sampaio; Maria Lídia Carra; Claudio Martin Jonsson; Vitoria Teodoro Gonçalves; Genoefa Dal’Bo; Kátia Santos Damacena Nunes; José Henrique Valim; Bruno Stéfano Lima Dallago; Sonia Claudia do Nascimento de Queiroz; Felix Guillermo Reyes Reyes
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 528-535
- Oreochromis niloticus; biomarkers; body weight; catalase; dietary exposure; fish; fish culture; glutathione transferase; hematologic tests; juveniles; lipid peroxidation; medicated feeds; oral administration; oxidative stress
- ... Sulfamethazine (SMZ) is one of the most commonly used sulfonamide compounds in fish farming, and its physiological effects on fish are unknown. SMZ was administered to juvenile Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) at a dose level of 422 mg kg⁻¹ body weight, for a period of 11 days, via medicated feed. Fish were divided into two groups, the control group (CG) and the group fed with SMZ in feed. The ...
- E. G. Canli; G. Atli; M. Canli
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.97 no.5 pp. 601-608
- Oreochromis niloticus; acute exposure; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; calcium; catalase; chronic exposure; copper; enzyme activity; erythrocytes; freshwater fish; glutathione peroxidase; osmoregulation; sodium-potassium-exchanging ATPase; superoxide dismutase; toxicity
- ... Freshwater fish Oreochromis niloticus were exposed to Cu in differing Ca²⁺ levels (15, 30 and 90 mg/L), using acute (0.3 µM, 3 d) and chronic (0.03 µM, 30 d) exposure protocols and enzyme activities related to the antioxidant (catalase, CAT, EC 184.108.40.206; superoxide dismutase, SOD, EC 220.127.116.11; glutathione peroxidase, GPx, EC 18.104.22.168) and osmoregulation (Total, Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase, EC 22.214.171.124, Mg²⁺-ATPa ...