Jump to Main Content
- Ortiz, Cruz, Jr.; Weiss-Penzias, Peter S.; Fork, Susanne; Flegal, A. Russell
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2015 v.94 no.4 pp. 425-430
- Armadillidiidae; Carabidae; Cordulegastridae; Libellulidae; Lycosidae; Stenopelmatidae; arthropods; coasts; mercury; California
- ... The aim of this project was to obtain a baseline understanding and investigate the concentration of mercury (Hg) in the tissue of terrestrial arthropods. The 4-month sampling campaign took place around Monterey Bay, California. Total mercury (HgT) concentrations (x ± SD, dry weight) for the captured specimens ranged from 22 to 188 ng g⁻¹ in the Jerusalem crickets (Orthoptera: Stenopelmatidae); 65– ...
- Klimek, Beata; Tarasek, Agata; Hajduk, Joanna
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2015 v.94 no.4 pp. 532-536
- Hypogymnia physodes; air pollution; cadmium; copper; lead; lichens; mountains; nickel; wind direction; zinc; Poland
- ... The aim of the study was to assess trace metal air pollution in the Beskidy Mountains, the Outer Western Carpathians, Poland, with a widely used bioaccumulating organism, a lichen, Hypogymnia physodes. Lichens were collected at five stands (mountains) in parallel transect and analyzed for cadmium (Cd), copper (Cu), nickel (Ni), lead (Pb) and zinc (Zn) content. Concentrations of Cd, Pb and Zn in li ...
- PubMed Central: