Jump to Main Content
- Kuklin, Aleksei Petrovich; Matafonov, Petr Viktorovich
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 137-142
- Cladophora; Lymnaea; Ulothrix; Zygnemataceae; arsenic; benthic organisms; cadmium; heavy metals; invertebrates; lead; macroalgae; rivers; zinc; Russia
- ... The concentrations (mg/kg dry weight) of Cu, Zn, As, Cd, Hg, and Pb were measured in benthic macroalgae and invertebrates collected in the upper transboundary tributaries of the Onon River, Transbaikalia, Russia. The background concentration ranges in Cladophora fracta, Ulothrix zonata and Zygnemataceae were: 6.4–9.1 for Cu, 27.2–73.1 for Zn, 0.4–0.9 for Cd, 6.7–35.3 for As, 0.01–0.02 for Hg, and ...
- Greeley, Mark S., Jr.; Elmore, Logan R.; McCracken, Mary K.; Sherrard, Rick M.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 154-159
- Pimephales promelas; abnormal development; arsenic; coal; early development; fish development; fish eggs; hatching; laboratory techniques; larvae; metals; power plants; risk; rivers; sediments; selenium; toxicity; waterways; Tennessee
- ... The largest environmental release of coal ash in US history occurred in December 2008 with the failure of a retention structure at the Tennessee Valley Authority Kingston Fossil Fuel Plant in East Tennessee. A byproduct of coal-burning power plants, coal ash is enriched in metals and metalloids such as selenium and arsenic with known toxicity to fish embryonic and larval life stages. The early dev ...