Jump to Main Content
- Arain, Muhammad Shahid; Hu, Xing-Xing; Li, Guo-Qing
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 190-195
- Drosophila melanogaster; abamectin; acephate; acetamiprid; adults; chlorpyrifos; clothianidin; imidacloprid; larvae; lethal dose 50; methomyl; risk; risk assessment; spinosad
- ... The toxicities of butene-fipronil to Drosophila melanogaster were evaluated, in comparison to nine conventional insecticides. According to the mean LD₅₀ values of the larvae from CS, w ¹¹¹⁸ and Oregan strains, butene-fipronil, abamectin, spinosad and chlorpyrifos exhibited high levels of toxicity. Imidacloprid, α-cypermethrin and clothianidin showed middle levels of toxicity. And acephate, methomy ...
- Greeley, Mark S., Jr.; Elmore, Logan R.; McCracken, Mary K.; Sherrard, Rick M.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 154-159
- Pimephales promelas; abnormal development; arsenic; coal; early development; fish development; fish eggs; hatching; laboratory techniques; larvae; metals; power plants; risk; rivers; sediments; selenium; toxicity; waterways; Tennessee
- ... The largest environmental release of coal ash in US history occurred in December 2008 with the failure of a retention structure at the Tennessee Valley Authority Kingston Fossil Fuel Plant in East Tennessee. A byproduct of coal-burning power plants, coal ash is enriched in metals and metalloids such as selenium and arsenic with known toxicity to fish embryonic and larval life stages. The early dev ...