Jump to Main Content
- Peters, A.; Merrington, G.; Leverett, D.; Ellor, B.; Lofts, S.; Gravell, A.
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 248-252
- bioavailability; dissolved organic carbon; effluents; metals; models; sewage treatment; trace elements; wastewater treatment
- ... The bioavailability of metals can be strongly influenced by dissolved organic carbon (DOC). Wastewater treatment effluents add considerable quantities of DOC and metals to receiving waters, and as effluent controls become more stringent advanced effluent treatments may be needed. We assessed the effects of two types of advanced treatment processes on metal availability in wastewater effluents. Tra ...
- Freitas, Mirlaine R.; Matias, Stella V. B. G.; Macedo, Renato L. G.; Freitas, Matheus P.; Venturin, Nelson
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 143-147
- environmental hazards; linear models; molecular weight; octanol; partition coefficients; soil; soil pollution; sorption; triazine herbicides
- ... Herbicides have widely variable toxicity and many of them are persistent soil contaminants. Acetanilide and triazine family of herbicides have widespread use, but increasing interest for the development of new herbicides has been rising to increase their effectiveness and to diminish environmental hazard. The environmental risk of new herbicides can be accessed by estimating their soil sorption (l ...