Jump to Main Content
- Lv, Jungang; Shi, Rongguang; Cai, Yanming; Liu, Yong; Wang, Zhaohong; Feng, Jimin; Zhao, Meng
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2010 v.85 no.2 pp. 137-141
- DDD (pesticide), etc ; DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); air drying; aldrin; dicofol; dieldrin; endrin; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hexachlorobenzene; risk; soil; soil pollution; soil sampling; suburban areas; ultrasonics; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Soil contamination with organochlorine pesticides has aroused worldwide concerns considering their high toxicities and long-term persistence. In this study, 87 representative soil samples from suburban areas (Xiqing, Dongli, Jinnan, Beichen) of Tianjin, the third biggest city in China, were collected to evaluate the pollution of 20 organochlorine pesticides. Surface soil samples were air-dried and ...
- Okonkwo, Jonathan Okechukwu; Mutshatshi, Tshinanne N.; Botha, Ben; Agyei, Nana
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2008 v.81 no.4 pp. 348-354
- DDD (pesticide), etc ; DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); Food and Agriculture Organization; World Health Organization; acceptable daily intake; average daily intake; breast milk; chromatography; chronic exposure; infants; lipid content; metabolites; milk; mothers; nitrogen; villages; South Africa; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Human breast milk samples (n = 30) were collected from mothers within the age range of 19-40 years from Thohoyandou area, South Africa. DDT and its metabolites were extracted from the milk samples using diethyl ether. The crude extracts were subjected to column chromatography. The eluates were then evaporated on a stream of nitrogen up to 0.5 mL. One microliter of the cleaned extracts were injecte ...