Jump to Main Content
- ANDERSON, D. R.; BEAUDOIN, R. L.
- Bulletin of the Wildlife Disease Association 1966 v.2 no.3 pp. 70-77
- Ondatra zibethicus; Taenia taeniaeformis; habitats; helminths; marshes; rats; rivers; streams; wildlife diseases
- ... Muskrats (Ondatra zibethicus) collected from three different habitats: river, marshes and streams were examined for helminth parasites. Muskrats were aged by a lens-weight technique. Using the age specific prevalence, transmission rats for Wardius zibethicus, Quinque-serialis quinqueserialis, Echinostomum revolutum and the strobilo-cercus stage of Hydatigera taeniaeformis were constructed for stre ...
- THRELFALL, WILLIAM
- Bulletin of the Wildlife Disease Association 1966 v.2 no.3 pp. 41-51
- Cyathostoma; Larus argentatus; albumins; blood cell counts; blood proteins; blood serum; chickens; chicks; eosinophilia; fledglings; globulins; immune response; parasitemia; parasites; protein content; wild birds; wildlife diseases
- ... A decline in parasitemia in herring gull chicks, noted just before fledging, was thought to have been due to an immunity to the parasites being developed by the birds. Since few investigations of the blood of wild birds had been done, a study of the blood of the gull was made to try to correlate changes in the blood with the decline in parasitemia. The serum protein levels were determined electrop ...