Jump to Main Content
- Whitman, Jackson S.
- Canadian field-naturalist 2009 v.123 no.2 pp. -167
- Myodes rutilus; albino; habitats; morphometry; small mammals; voles; Alaska
- ... During a study of small mammal abundance and species composition in interior Alaska, I collected a Northern Red-backed Vole (Myodes rutilus) showing complete albinism. This report documents that extremely rare occurrence, with notes on habitat and morphometrics. ...
- Weir, Richard D.; Harestad, Alton S.; Corbould, Fraser B.
- Canadian field-naturalist 2009 v.123 no.2 pp. 126-132
- Martes pennanti; animals; females; habitats; home range; landscapes; least squares; males; models; radio frequency identification; British Columbia
- ... We described the size and spatial arrangement of aggregate and seasonal home ranges for 17 radio-tagged resident Fishers (Martes pennanti) that were >1.5 years old in two areas of central British Columbia during 1990-1993 and 1996-2000. We estimated home range size for each Fisher from the 95% isopleth of the utilization distribution generated using a fixed kernel model with smoothing selected by ...