Jump to Main Content
- Whitman, Jackson S.
- Canadian field-naturalist 2009 v.123 no.2 pp. -167
- Myodes rutilus; albino; habitats; morphometry; small mammals; voles; Alaska
- ... During a study of small mammal abundance and species composition in interior Alaska, I collected a Northern Red-backed Vole (Myodes rutilus) showing complete albinism. This report documents that extremely rare occurrence, with notes on habitat and morphometrics. ...
- Jung, Thomas S.; Nagorsen, David W.; Randall, Lea A.
- Canadian field-naturalist 2009 v.123 no.2 pp. 171-172
- Microtus oeconomus; Myodes; color; melanosis; voles; Yukon Territory
- ... Colour aberrations are not commonly observed in voles (e.g., Microtus and Myodes); thus, individual observations are of interest. We report two observations of melanism in Tundra Voles, Microtus oeconomus, collected from central Yukon. These are the second and third records of melanistic Tundra Voles, and the first reports from non-insular populations. ...