Jump to Main Content
- Pontius, Jennifer; Halman, Joshua M.; Schaberg, Paul G.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2016 v.46 no.7 pp. 959-967
- Abies balsamea; Acer saccharum subsp. saccharum; Picea rubens; acid deposition; anthropogenic activities; biomass; climate change; forest growth; forest inventory; hardwood; hardwood forests; models; New Hampshire
- ... Long-term forest inventories provide a unique opportunity to quantify changes in forest structure and evaluate how changes compare with current stand development models. An examination of a 70 year record at the Bartlett Experimental Forest, New Hampshire, indicated that although species abundances have primarily changed as expected under natural succession, some unexpected results were also detec ...
- Danneyrolles, Victor; Arseneault, Dominique; Bergeron, Yves
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2016 v.46 no.7 pp. 943-949
- Abies balsamea; Betula alleghaniensis; Choristoneura fumiferana; Pinus strobus; Thuja occidentalis; conifers; cutting; land use change; landscapes; logging; shade tolerance; temperate forests; Quebec
- ... Land use changes that are linked to European settlement of North America have transformed northeastern temperate forest landscapes. Many studies report a regional increase of young early-successional forests due to high disturbance rates since the preindustrial era (fire, land clearing, and clear-cuts). In this study, we document specific compositional changes to present-day mature forest landscap ...