Jump to Main Content
- Duchateau, E.; Longuetaud, F.; Mothe, F.; Ung, C.; Auty, D.; Achim, A.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.3 pp. 266-277
- Picea mariana; Pinus banksiana; computed tomography; data collection; equations; knots; models; pith; statistics; stems; tree growth; trees
- ... Existing models for describing knot morphology are typically based on polynomial functions with parameters that are often not biologically interpretable. Hence, they are difficult to integrate into tree growth simulators due to the limited possibilities for linking knot shape to external branch and tree characteristics. X-ray computed tomography (CT) images taken along the stems of 16 jack pine (P ...
- Barrette, Julie; Pothier, David; Ward, Charles
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.3 pp. 234-244
- Abies balsamea; Picea mariana; boreal forests; chronosequences; dead wood; prediction; temporal variation; trees; wood
- ... Yield tables used for stand-level predictions of standing volume typically do not account for the presence of dead trees and stem decay. Yet, recently dead trees, referred to as dead and sound wood (DSW), could be considered as a valuable supplemental wood source. Conversely, stem decay can cause important losses during product recovery. Accordingly, the general objective of this study was to char ...