Jump to Main Content
- Duchateau, E.; Longuetaud, F.; Mothe, F.; Ung, C.; Auty, D.; Achim, A.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.3 pp. 266-277
- Picea mariana; Pinus banksiana; computed tomography; data collection; equations; knots; models; pith; statistics; stems; tree growth; trees
- ... Existing models for describing knot morphology are typically based on polynomial functions with parameters that are often not biologically interpretable. Hence, they are difficult to integrate into tree growth simulators due to the limited possibilities for linking knot shape to external branch and tree characteristics. X-ray computed tomography (CT) images taken along the stems of 16 jack pine (P ...
- García, Oscar
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.3 pp. 256-265
- Populus tremuloides; basal area; equations; growth models; mortality; prediction; site index; trees; Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; Saskatchewan
- ... A biologically inspired whole-stand growth and yield model was developed for even-aged thinned or unthinned stands dominated by trembling aspen (Populus tremuloides Michx.). The estimation used permanent sample plot data from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, supplemented by published site index and young stand information. An ingrowth imputation procedure was devised to facil ...