Jump to Main Content
- Fraser, Jacob S.; He, Hong S.; Shifley, Stephen R.; Wang, Wen J.; Thompson, Frank R.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.10 pp. 972-978
- hardwood forests, etc ; basal area; biomass; clearcutting; forest management; landscapes; models; planning; shelterwood systems; trees; Missouri; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Forest landscape models (FLMs) are an important tool for assessing the long-term cumulative effects of harvest over large spatial extents. However, they have not been commonly used to guide forest management planning and on-the-ground operations. This is largely because FLMs track relatively simplistic vegetation information such as age cohort presence/absence, forest type, and biomass that are in ...
- Pothier, David; Fortin, Mathieu; Auty, David; Delisle-Boulianne, Simon; Gagné, Louis-Vincent; Achim, Alexis
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2013 v.43 no.3 pp. 288-298
- hardwood forests, etc ; Acer saccharum subsp. saccharum; Betula alleghaniensis; Fagus grandifolia; classification; cutting; harvesting; industry; models; probability; probability distribution; tree and stand measurements; trees; vigor; wood processing; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Tree classification systems are generally designed to predict the supply of high-quality logs for the wood processing industries and to mark defective trees for removal with the aim of improving both the vigor and quality of future stands. Although these two objectives are generally inversely related, their joint consideration could enable the development of robust criteria for improved tree selec ...