Jump to Main Content
- Gan, Jianbang; Miller, James H.; Wang, Hsiaohsuan; Taylor, John W. Jr.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2009 v.39 no.7 pp. 1346
- Triadica sebifera; invasive species; noxious weeds; trees; tree growth; colonizing ability; ecological invasion; environmental factors; temperature; statistical models; regression analysis; equations; prediction; pest monitoring; forests; Southeastern United States
- ... We identify species-environment relationships to predict the occurrence of Chinese tallow (Triadica sebifera (L.) Small) on forestlands in the southern US, where it has emerged as the most pervading, stand-replacing, alien tree species. Tallow invasions are more likely to be observed on low and flat lands, areas adjacent to water and roadways, sites recently harvested or disturbed, younger stands, ...
- Eberhardt, Thomas L.; Sheridan, Philip M.; Mahfouz, Jolie M.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2009 v.39 no.7 pp. 1357
- Pinus palustris; stumps; monoterpenoids; wood chemistry; chemical composition; conifers; forest trees; heartwood; sapwood; chemotaxonomy; decay resistance; durability; taxonomy; Louisiana; Virginia
- ... Monoterpenes in exudates, phloem, and sapwood have received considerable attention relative to the active defenses of pine trees. However, little is known about the composition and function of the heartwood monoterpenes. To address this deficiency, monoterpene contents and relative compositions were determined for sapwood and heartwood samples from longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) stumps moni ...