Jump to Main Content
- Yatskov, Mikhail; Harmon, Mark E.; Krankina, Olga N.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2003 v.33 no.7 pp. 1211-1226
- decay resistance, etc ; Abies; Betula pendula; Larix gmelinii var. gmelinii; Picea abies; Picea obovata; Pinus koraiensis; Pinus sylvestris; Populus tremula; boreal forests; chronosequences; coarse woody debris; decayed wood; snags; temperature; trees; Russia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Coarse woody debris (CWD), represented by logs and snags >10 cm in diameter and >1 m in length, was sampled at eight sites in Russian boreal forests to determine the specific density of decay classes and decomposition rates. Tree species sampled included Abies siberica Ledeb., Betula pendula Roth., Betula costata Trautv., Larix siberica Ledeb., Larix dahurica Turcz., Picea abies (L.) Karst., Picea ...
- Yu, Q.B.; Yang, D.Q.; Zhang, S.Y.; Beaulieu, J.; Duchesne, I.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2003 v.33 no.11 pp. 2177-2183
- decay resistance, etc ; Picea abies; forest trees; wood density; tree growth; genetic variation; heartwood; decay fungi; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Coriolus versicolor; Fomitopsis pinicola; heritability; phenotypic correlation; genetic correlation; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the genetic variation of white spruce (Picea glauca (Moench) Voss) in decay resistance and its correlation with wood density and growth. Three fungi were examined, a brown-rot fungus (Gloeophyllum trabeum), a white-rot fungus (Trametes versicolor), and a standing-tree-decay fungus (Fomitopsis pinicola). The decay resistance was inversely related to the growth rate of the fu ...