Jump to Main Content
- MacDonald, N.W.; Witter, J.A.; Burton, A.J.; Pregitzer, K.S.; Richter, D.D.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 1993 v.23 no.11 pp. 2348-2357
- Quercus; throughfall; exchangeable cations; sulfates; acid deposition; calcium; soil properties; ammonium compounds; pollutants; magnesium; potassium; hydrogen; ecosystems; nitrates; Michigan; Ohio
- ... Relationships among pollutant (H+, SO4(2-), NO3(-)) deposition, throughfall ionic fluxes, and soil properties were examined at six oak forest sites in the southern Great Lakes region. At each site, precipitation, throughfall, and soil samples were collected and chemically analyzed. Sulfate and NO3(-) deposition increased from souther Michigan to northern Ohio in both precipitation and throughfall. ...
- Lane, C.J.; Reed, D.D.; Mroz, G.D.; Liechty, H.O.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 1993 v.23 no.11 pp. 2370-2375
- Acer saccharum; growth rings; climatic factors; dendroclimatology; Michigan; Minnesota
- ... The effects of climate on the growth of sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.) were studied at five sites along an 800-km acidic deposition gradient from Cook County, Minnesota, to Oceana County, Michigan. Fifty increment cores were taken from 25 dominant and codominant individuals at each site in the spring of 1990. Annual ring widths (1940-1989) were measured to 0.01 mm, standardized by taking the ...