Jump to Main Content
- Yasue, K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 1997 v.27 no.12 pp. 1962-1970
- Picea glehnii; growth rings; stand density; climate change; temperature; seasonal variation; precipitation; width; dendroclimatology; Japan
- ... The potential usefulness of ring width and maximum density of Picea glehnii Mast. as indicators of climatic changes in northern Hokkaido, Japan, was evaluated. We selected three growth sites of P. glehnii that were characterized by different soils, namely, Spodic Udipsamments, Hemic Medifibrists, and Typic Dystrochrepts. Climatic responses in chronologies of ring widths and maximum densities at th ...
- Yasue, K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 1996 v.26 no.11 pp. 2052-2055
- Fraxinus mandshurica; climatic zones; growth rings; temperature; precipitation; seasons; dendroclimatology; Japan
- ... The influence of climate on the radial growth of Japanese ash (Fraxinus mandshurica Rupr. var. japonica Maxim.) in northern Hokkaido, Japan, was investigated. Fifteen trees were selected and ring widths were measured. Standardization and autoregressive modeling were applied to the series of ring widths for isolation of the climatic signal. A response function was calculated for the relationship be ...