Jump to Main Content
- Zhong, Chuanqing; Zhang, Chao; Fu, Jiafang; Chen, Wenbing; Jiang, Tianyi; Cao, Guangxiang
- Canadian journal of microbiology 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 87-90
- Enterobacter cloacae; Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; antibiotic resistance genes; chromosomes; feedlots; multiple drug resistance; municipal wastewater; nucleotide sequences; plasmids; polymyxins; sequence analysis; swine; China
- ... Enterobacter cloacae strain R11 is a multidrug-resistant bacterium isolated from sewage water near a swine feedlot in China. Strain R11 can survive in medium containing up to 192 μg/mL polymyxin E, indicating a tolerance for this antibiotic that is significantly higher than that reported for other gram-negative bacteria. In this study, conjugation experiments showed that partial polymyxin E resist ...
- Cheng, Zhibo; Zhang, Fenghua; Gale, William Jeffrey; Wang, Weichao; Sang, Wen; Yang, Haichang
- Canadian journal of microbiology 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 28-40
- Acidobacteria; Actinobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Gemmatimonadetes; Proteobacteria; abandoned land; agricultural land; bacterial communities; community structure; environmental factors; farming systems; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nitrogen; phylogeny; soil aggregates; soil bacteria; soil electrical conductivity; soil organic carbon; soil sampling; China
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate bacterial community structure and diversity in soil aggregate fractions when salinized farmland was reclaimed after >27 years of abandonment and then farmed again for 1, 5, 10, and 15 years. Illumina MiSeq high-throughput sequencing was performed to characterize the soil bacterial communities in 5 aggregate size classes in each treatment. The results ind ...