Jump to Main Content
- Salit, Irving E.; Hanley, James; Clubb, Lorraine; Fanning, Susan
- Canadian journal of microbiology 1988 v.34 no.3 pp. 312-318
- antibodies; antibody specificity; antiserum; blood serum; cystitis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fimbriae; fluorescent antibody technique; humans; immunoblotting; lipopolysaccharides; men; microscopy; outer membrane proteins; precipitin tests; pyelonephritis; urine; uropathogenic Escherichia coli; women
- ... Urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli are associated with a local and systemic antibody response. We have studied the serum and urine antibody responses to Escherichia coli in men and women with pyelonephritis, cystitis, and asymptomatic bacteriuria. Protein immunoblots consistently demonstrated serum antibody response to lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Anti-LPS antibody titres rose signif ...
- Rothrock, C.S.; Hargrove, W.L.
- Canadian journal of microbiology 1988 v.34 no.3 pp. 201-206
- legumes; cover crops; soil microorganisms; Pythium; Fusarium; Thanatephorus cucumeris; Macrophomina phaseolina; no-tillage; Georgia