Jump to Main Content
- Bulot, Diane; Gumiere, Silvio José; Périard, Yann; Lafond, Jonathan A.; Gallichand, Jacques; Armaly-St-Gelais, Marie-Helene; Caron, Jean
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 46-55
- Vaccinium macrocarpon; cranberries; crop yield; drawdown; hydrodynamics; irrigation; measuring devices; soil hydraulic properties; subsurface drainage; variance; water table; Quebec
- ... In cranberry production, efficient drainage systems are essential for the development of precision irrigation methods. Most cranberry fields are equipped with subsurface drainage systems used for water table control and excess water removal. Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton) are highly sensitive to wet soil conditions, and decreases in crop yield are often caused by a malfunction of the dr ...
- Pelletier, Vincent; Gallichand, Jacques; Gumiere, Silvio; Caron, Jean
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-4
- cranberries; crop yield; drainage; soil science
- ... The impact of two drainage problems on cranberry yield was investigated. In the first case, a yield decline of 39% was measured for cranberries growing over clogged drains, and in the second case, an inadequate design of the drainage outlet was associated with a 25% yield reduction. This yield decrease vanished the following year after redesigning the outlet. ...