Jump to Main Content
- Périard, Y.; José Gumiere, S.; Rousseau, A.N.; Caillier, M.; Gallichand, J.; Caron, J.
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 56-70
- cluster analysis; cranberries; drainage; soil classification; soil profiles; soil types
- ... Over the last few years, advanced knowledge in cranberry field hydrology has lead to substantial increase in production. Much of this progress has come from knowing the relationship between drainage capacity and soil profile properties. However, drainage problems can occur and an appropriate diagnosis remains essential for making recommendations adapted to each soil type. The objectives of this st ...
- Pelletier, Vincent; Gallichand, Jacques; Gumiere, Silvio; Caron, Jean
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-4
- cranberries; crop yield; drainage; soil science
- ... The impact of two drainage problems on cranberry yield was investigated. In the first case, a yield decline of 39% was measured for cranberries growing over clogged drains, and in the second case, an inadequate design of the drainage outlet was associated with a 25% yield reduction. This yield decrease vanished the following year after redesigning the outlet. ...