Jump to Main Content
- Fortin, J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 20-30
- risk; salt tolerance; electrical conductivity; flowering; salinity; soil solution; subsurface irrigation; overhead irrigation; deficit irrigation; soil salinity; potassium sulfate; cranberries; photosynthesis; greenhouses
- ... New recommendations in cranberry production suggest reducing overhead irrigation and the use of subirrigation as an alternative irrigation method, two strategies suspected to increase the risk of salt buildup in soil. Because very little is known about cranberry tolerance to salinity, this study was conducted to determine if deficit irrigation and subirrigation could cause salinity issues and affe ...
- Fortin, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of soil science 2016 v.97 no.1 pp. 31-37
- cranberries; electrical conductivity; greenhouses; growers; irrigation; lysimeters; monitoring; reflectometry; regression analysis; salt stress; sandy soils; soil pore water; soil solution
- ... A recent study suggests a sensitivity of cranberry to saline stress. Consequently, monitoring of soil electrical conductivity may help growers to identify areas where plants could be under stress due to salt deposits. We used two different types of probes, a time-domain reflectometry (TDR; model CS645 probe) and a capacitive approach (model GS3 probe) to estimate electrical conductivity (EC) or co ...