Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ying; Dai, Chaohui; Sun, Li; Zhu, Guoqiang; Wu, Shenglong; Bao, Wenbin
- Canadian journal of veterinary research 2016 v.80 no.3 pp. 203-208
- piglets, etc ; Large White; duodenum; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; gene expression; genes; genetic markers; genotype; kidneys; lymph nodes; messenger RNA; mutation; spleen; thymus gland; tissues; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; weaning; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) plays an important role in the immune system. In this study, TNF-α expression was analyzed in 11 tissues of 8 piglets resistant to enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) F18 and 8 ETEC F18-susceptible piglets from the Large White breed. The expression levels of TNF-α were high in immune organs (spleen, lung, thymus, and lymph nodes). The levels were higher in E ...
- Jin, Hur; Lee, John Hwa
- Canadian journal of veterinary research 2016 v.80 no.3 pp. 245-249
- piglets, etc ; Salmonella; antigens; blood serum; colostrum; diarrhea; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; humoral immunity; immunoglobulins; mortality; oral vaccination; pregnancy; progeny; sows; vaccines; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Humoral immune responses and protective efficacy by various doses of Salmonella ghost cells carrying enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) fimbrial antigens for protection against piglet colibacillosis were studied. All groups were orally primed and boosted at 11 and 14 wk of pregnancy, respectively. Group A sows were inoculated with phosphate-buffered saline (PBS), and groups B, C, and D sows w ...