Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Lijun; Sun, Jiaojiao; Chen, Lei; Niu, Pengfei; Yang, Xingbin; Guo, Yurong
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.163 pp. 81-91
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-radiation; anti-infective properties; antioxidants; apples; chitosan; mechanical properties; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; opacity; packaging materials; permeability; polyphenols; shelf life; solubility; thermal stability; water content; water vapor
- ... The objective of this study was to characterize the physical, mechanical and bioactive properties of chitosan film incorporated with thinned young apple polyphenols (YAP). The results indicated that the addition of YAP resulted in a significant increase in the thickness, density, swelling degree, solubility and opacity of chitosan film, but the water content, water vapor permeability and mechanica ...
- Choi, Jae Min; Park, Kyeonghui; Lee, Benel; Jeong, Daham; Dindulkar, Someshwar D; Choi, Youngjin; Cho, Eunae; Park, Seyeon; Yu, Jae-hyuk; Jung, Seunho
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.163 pp. 118-128
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bacterial infections; beta-cyclodextrin; bioavailability; ciprofloxacin; growth retardation; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; molecular models; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; scanning electron microscopy; solubility
- ... Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections; however, its limited aqueous solubility inhibits its broader clinical uses. This study investigated the complexation effect of mono-6-deoxy-6-aminoethylamino-β-cyclodextrin on the aqueous solubility and bioavailability of ciprofloxacin. During complexation, the oval-shaped cavity induced by mono-aminoe ...