Jump to Main Content
- Simó, Guillermo; Fernández‐Fernández, Encarnación; Vila‐Crespo, Josefina; Ruipérez, Violeta; Rodríguez‐Nogales, José Manuel
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.170 pp. 1-14
- alginates, etc ; coatings; crosslinking; encapsulation; gels; immobilized cells; physicochemical properties; polymers; viability; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Cell encapsulation is used as a biotechnology tool to solve the technological problems derived from handling and application of cells in a great range of fields. This involves immobilization of the cells within a polymeric gel that permits the preservation of their metabolic activity. Alginate is widely established as the most suitable polymer for cell encapsulation. However, alginate gel capsules ...
- Luca, Andreea; Maier, Vasilica; Maier, Stelian S.; Butnaru, Maria; Danu, Maricel; Ibanescu, Constanta; Pinteala, Mariana; Popa, Marcel
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.169 pp. 366-375
- alginates, etc ; biocompatibility; crosslinking; encapsulation; eukaryotic cells; fibroblasts; hyaluronic acid; hydrogels; liquefaction; maneuverability; pullulan; stem cells; temperature; viability; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Mixed crosslinked networks of ionic-covalent entanglement type were prepared starting from ternary mixtures of atelocollagen (aK; as fibrillary matrix generator), sodium hyaluronate (NaHyal; a microfibrillation assistant), and oxidized polysaccharides (OxPolys; as both cross-linkers and matrix fillers), and were tested as hydrogels for eukaryotic cell encapsulation. Either oxidized gellan (GellOx) ...