Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, Biyu; Su, Minghua; Chen, Qingxi; Chang, Qiang; Wang, Wei; Li, Huihua
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 391-398
- Anoectochilus roxburghii; alanine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartic acid; blood serum; carbon; catalase; drugs; functional foods; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; liver; mice; molecular weight; polysaccharides; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; transferases
- ... The physicochemical properties (molecular weights and monosaccharide compositions), antioxidant and hepatoprotective activities of polysaccharides (ARPPs: ARPP30, ARPP60 and ARPP80) isolated from Anoectochilus roxburghii were investigated. ARPP80 exhibited relatively strong antioxidant activities in a concentration-dependent manner. In mice subjected to carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity, ...
- Ahmad, Mudasir; Gani, Adil; Shah, Asima; Gani, Asir; Masoodi, F.A.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 696-702
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Hordeum vulgare; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; barley; beta-glucans; functional foods; germination; molecular weight; temperature; thermal properties; viscosity
- ... The nutraceutical potential of β-d-glucan is largely dependent on its structure, size and viscosity. The present study analyzed the effect of germination and microwave processing of barley on the structural, size, antioxidant and thermal characteristics of β-d-glucan. The molecular weight and viscosity of β-d-glucan obtained from germinated barley (GGB) were the lowest (144kDa and 37.33cp) as comp ...