Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, Biyu; Su, Minghua; Chen, Qingxi; Chang, Qiang; Wang, Wei; Li, Huihua
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 391-398
- Anoectochilus roxburghii; alanine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartic acid; blood serum; carbon; catalase; drugs; functional foods; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; liver; mice; molecular weight; polysaccharides; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; transferases
- ... The physicochemical properties (molecular weights and monosaccharide compositions), antioxidant and hepatoprotective activities of polysaccharides (ARPPs: ARPP30, ARPP60 and ARPP80) isolated from Anoectochilus roxburghii were investigated. ARPP80 exhibited relatively strong antioxidant activities in a concentration-dependent manner. In mice subjected to carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity, ...
- Chen, Guijie; Yuan, Qingxia; Saeeduddin, Muhammad; Ou, Shiyi; Zeng, Xiaoxiong; Ye, Hong
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 663-678
- bioactive properties; functional foods; physicochemical properties; polyphenols; polysaccharides; quantitative analysis; tea
- ... Tea has a long history of medicinal and dietary use. Tea polysaccharide (TPS) is regarded as one of the main bioactive constituents of tea and is beneficial for health. Over the last decades, considerable efforts have been devoted to the studies on TPS: extraction, structural feature and bioactivity of TPS. However, it has been received much less attention compared with tea polyphenols. In order t ...