Jump to Main Content
- Gierszewska, Magdalena; Ostrowska-Czubenko, Jadwiga
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 501-511
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; atomic force microscopy; chitosan; contact angle; crosslinking; differential scanning calorimetry; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; freezing; hydrophilicity; industrial applications; molecular weight; pH; roughness; temperature; tripolyphosphates
- ... Chitosan membranes (Ch), ionically crosslinked with pentasodium tripolyphosphate (TPP), were prepared using chitosan of medium and high molecular weight of similar degree of deacetylation and different crosslinking conditions. An effect of synthesis conditions (pH of crosslinking TPP solution equal to 5.5 and 9.0) on molecular and supermolecular structure and on crosslinking density of Ch/TPP memb ...
- Saravana, Periaswamy Sivagnanam; Cho, Yeon-Jin; Park, Yong-Beom; Woo, Hee-Chul; Chun, Byung-Soo
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 518-525
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Saccharina japonica; X-ray diffraction; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; emulsifiers; emulsifying properties; ethanol; formic acid; fucoidan; fucose; molecular weight; sodium hydroxide; solvents; temperature; vegetable oil
- ... Pressurized liquid extraction (PLE) was utilized to extract sulfated polysaccharides (fucoidan) from brown seaweed Saccharina japonica. Various conditions of temperature (80–200°C), pressure (5–100bar), and solvents (water, 0.1% sodium hydroxide, 0.1% formic acid, 70% ethanol, 50% ethanol, and 25% ethanol) were assessed; the best crude fucoidan (CF) yield was 8.23%, obtained from 140°C and 50bar ( ...