Jump to Main Content
- Razmkhah, Somayeh; Razavi, Seyed Mohammad Ali; Mohammadifar, Mohammad Amin; Ale, Marcel Tutor; Gavlighi, Hassan Ahmadi
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 14-24
- Lepidium sativum; dispersions; enzymatic treatment; ethanol; gels; hysteresis; models; molecular weight; plant gums; proteinases; temperature; thermal stability; thermogravimetry; uronic acids; viscosity
- ... Protein-free cress seed gum (PFCSG) was obtained by precipitation of crude cress seed gum (CSG) with ethanol followed by treatment with protease. Molecular weight, moisture, ash and uronic acids content decreased after elimination of protein. Elimination of protein improved significantly rheological properties and thermal stability of cress seed gum. Mechanical spectra of the CSG and PFCSG were cl ...
- Saravana, Periaswamy Sivagnanam; Cho, Yeon-Jin; Park, Yong-Beom; Woo, Hee-Chul; Chun, Byung-Soo
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.153 pp. 518-525
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Saccharina japonica; X-ray diffraction; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; emulsifiers; emulsifying properties; ethanol; formic acid; fucoidan; fucose; molecular weight; sodium hydroxide; solvents; temperature; vegetable oil
- ... Pressurized liquid extraction (PLE) was utilized to extract sulfated polysaccharides (fucoidan) from brown seaweed Saccharina japonica. Various conditions of temperature (80–200°C), pressure (5–100bar), and solvents (water, 0.1% sodium hydroxide, 0.1% formic acid, 70% ethanol, 50% ethanol, and 25% ethanol) were assessed; the best crude fucoidan (CF) yield was 8.23%, obtained from 140°C and 50bar ( ...