Jump to Main Content
- You, Li-Jun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2015 v.130 pp. 122-132
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; carbohydrate content; decolorization; fruits; glycemic effect; mulberries; polysaccharides; proteins; raw materials; temperature; ultrasonic treatment; ultrasonics
- ... Single-factor experiment and Box–Behnken design (BBD) were applied to optimize the ultrasound-assisted extraction of mulberry fruits polysaccharides (MFP). Under optimum conditions: ratio of water to raw material 40.25, extraction temperature 69°C, ultrasonic power 190W and extraction time 75min, the MFP yield was 3.13% (±0.07%), in accordance to the predicted value of 3.04%. The mulberry fruits p ...
- Li, Jun-fang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2015 v.129 pp. 108-114
- citric acid; crop yield; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; emulsions; pH; pectins; protein content; sugar beet pulp; temperature
- ... The extraction of pectin from sugar beet pulp by citric acid was carried out under different conditions using Box–Behnken design for four independent variables (pH, temperature, time and liquid to solid ratio). The yield of sugar beet pulp pectin ranged from 6.3% to 23.0%, and the content of protein from 1.5% to 4.5%. All independent variables significantly affected the yield, and all variables ex ...