Jump to Main Content
- Le, Quang-Tri; Lee, Chang-Kyu; Kim, Young-Wan; Lee, Seung-Jae; Zhang, Ran; Withers, Stephen G.; Kim, Yong-Ro; Auh, Joong-Hyuck; Park, Kwan-Hwa
- Carbohydrate polymers 2009 v.75 no.1 pp. 9-14
- modified starch; enzymatic treatment; amylases; chemical structure; molecular weight; amylose; amylopectin; tapioca; enzymatic reactions; reaction kinetics; enzyme activity
- ... Tapioca starch was modified using branching enzyme (BE) isolated from Bacillus subtilis 168 and Bacillus stearothermophilus maltogenic amylase (BSMA), and their molecular fine structure and susceptibility to amylolytic enzymes were investigated. By BE treatment, the molecular weight decreased from 3.1 x 10⁸ to 1.7 x 10⁶, the number of shorter branch chains (DP 6-12) increased, the number of longer ...
- Shogren, R.L.; Willett, J.L.; Biswas, Atanu
- Carbohydrate polymers 2009 v.75 no.1 pp. 189
- composite polymers; synthesis; horseradish; peroxidase; acrylamides; polymerization; molecular weight; corn starch; enzymatic reactions
- ... Starch was reacted with acrylamide in water in the presence of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) catalyst/H2O2/2,4 pentanedione to give starch-polyacrylamide graft copolymers. ...