Jump to Main Content
- Hua, Shuibo; Wang, Aiqin
- Carbohydrate polymers 2009 v.75 no.1 pp. 79-84
- absorbents; swelling (materials); alginates; humates; water; absorption; polymerization; acrylic acid; crosslinking; synthesis; slow-release fertilizers; biodegradability; ultrastructure; thermal stability
- ... A novel sodium alginate-g-poly(acrylic acid)/sodium humate superabsorbent was prepared by graft copolymerization with sodium alginate, acrylic acid and sodium humate in aqueous solution, using N,N'-methylenebisacrylamide as a crosslinker and ammonium persulfate as an initiator. The effects of crosslinker, sodium alginate and sodium humate content on water absorbency of the superabsorbent were stud ...
- Aaltonen, Olli; Jauhiainen, Olli
- Carbohydrate polymers 2009 v.75 no.1 pp. 125-129
- cellulosic materials; gels; lignans; xylan; biopolymers; carbon dioxide; drying; solvents; lignocellulose
- ... Nanofibrillar aerogels were prepared from cellulose, spruce wood and from mixtures of cellulose, lignin and xylan. The lignocellulosic polymers were first dissolved in an ionic liquid and coagulated from solution by adding aqueous ethanol. The obtained gel was washed with ethanol and liquid carbon dioxide and finally dried by releasing the carbon dioxide from the porous structure at supercritical ...