Jump to Main Content
- Chen, J.Y.; Zhou, P.J.; Li, J.L.; Li, S.Q.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 623-629
- cuprous oxide; chitosan; sodium sulfate; electrochemistry; electron transfer; nanotechnology; chemical interactions; biopolymers; heavy metals; composite polymers; pollution control; wastewater treatment; chemical reactions; nanocomposites; ion exchange
- ... The chitosan nanoparticles were prepared with the least chemical productions by adding sodium sulfate. The cuprous oxide (Cu₂O)/chitosan nanocomposites were prepared by electrochemical deposition of nanocrystalline Cu₂O on chitosan nanoparticles. With the change of the reaction conditions, it was found that Cu₂O nanoparticles could be leafage-like or big spherical particles coated on the surface o ...
- Martínez-Ruvalcaba, A.; Chornet, E.; Rodrigue, D.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 586-595
- chitosan; xanthan gum; viscoelasticity; shear stress; chemical concentration; dispersions; electrostatic interactions; rheological properties; swelling (materials); gels; equations; testing; duration; chemical structure; biopolymers; hydrocolloids
- ... In this work a gel was formed by complexation of two natural polyelectrolytes, chitosan and xanthan. Changes in the hydrogels rheological properties have been studied in terms of hydrogel concentration (7-10% w/w), chemical media used for the hydrogel dispersion, and 'test lag time'; i.e., the time between hydrogel dispersion in the chemical media and the start of the rheological test (up to 390 m ...