Jump to Main Content
- Baks, T.; Ngene, I.S.; Soest, J.J.G. van; Janssen, A.E.M.; Boom, R.M.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 481-490
- X-ray diffraction; starch granules; gelatinization; chemical concentration; temperature; differential scanning calorimetry; wheat starch; crystal structure; chemical analysis; methodology; measurement
- ... A general procedure was developed to measure the degree of gelatinisation in samples over a broad concentration range. Measurements based on birefringence, DSC (Differential scanning calorimetry), X-ray and amylose-iodine complex formation were used. If a 10 w/w % wheat starch-water mixture was used, each method resulted in approximately the same degree of gelatinisation vs. temperature curve. In ...
- Kawai, K.; Fukami, K.; Yamamoto, K.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 530-535
- potato starch; water; mixtures; high pressure treatment; gelatinization; differential scanning calorimetry; enthalpy; retrogradation
- ... Potato starch-water mixture was treated with high hydrostatic pressure (HHP) of up to 1.2 GPa, and effect of starch content (10-70% (w/w)) on HHP-gelatinization was investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). Depending on the treatment pressure and potato starch content, DSC thermograms showed decrease in enthalpy change of heat gelatinization reflecting the progress of HHP-gelatiniza ...