Jump to Main Content
- Hongsprabhas, P.; Israkarn, K.; Rattanawattanaprakit, C.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 614-622
- microstructure; proteins; starch granules; texture; amylose; Oryza sativa; hydrocolloids; alginates; carrageenan; rice starch; Vigna radiata; viscosity; mixtures; swelling (materials); mung beans; pasting properties; heat treatment; cassava starch; Manihot esculenta
- ... Architectural changes of starch granules induced by heat were demonstrated using light microscopy and confocal laser scanning microscopy. Heat treatment (80 °C, 30 min) on mungbean starch, cassava starch and rice flour suspensions resulted in the rearrangement of amylose and granule-associated proteins within the deformed granules. The presence of alginate and carrageenan influenced the RVA pastin ...
- Palav, T.; Seetharaman, K.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 596-604
- pasting properties; starch granules; texture; swelling (materials); amylopectin; gels; wheat starch; enzymatic reactions; crystallization; microwave treatment; gelatinization; thermal properties
- ... The objective of this work was to understand the physico-chemical changes induced in a wheat starch model system as a result of microwave heating. Wheat starch dispersions in water, with final solids content of 33%, 40% or 50%, were heated in a microwave oven. Following heating the samples were stored at 25 °C for up to 120 h and analyzed periodically. Microwave heated gels were significantly diff ...