Jump to Main Content
- Xie, C.; Feng, Y.; Cao, W.; Xia, Y.; Lu, Z.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 566-571
- Amorphophallus konjac; flocculants; flocculation; biodegradable products; konjac mannan; biodegradability; esterification; phosphates; polymers; polysaccharides
- ... A series of phosphate-modified Konjac was synthesized by esterification of natural polysaccharide Konjac, and comparative studies were conducted to examine the flocculation efficiency and biodegradability for the modified and unmodified products. It is found that both modified derivatives and the unmodified parent show flocculation ability and biodegradability. However, within the polymer concentr ...
- Galgali, P.; Agashe, M.; Varma, A.J.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 576-585
- polymers; chemical structure; biodegradability; biodegradable products; glucose; polystyrenes; chemical bonding; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; chemical reactions; enzyme substrates; substrate specificity
- ... In the development of sugar-linked synthetic polymers as biodegradable polymers, it is imperative to know the variety of polymer structures formed by the reaction of a multi-functional sugar molecule with the functionalized synthetic polymer on which the sugar is to be anchored. Enzymes produced by the microorganisms causing the polymer to biodegrade can be sensitive to the particular type of suga ...