Jump to Main Content
- Satrapai, S.; Suphantharika, M.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 500-510
- retrogradation; viscoelasticity; mixing; chilled foods; rice starch; viscosity; hydrocolloids; brewers yeast; duration; gels; refrigeration; storage; temperature; mixtures; beta-glucans; gelatinization
- ... The effects of β-glucan (BG) prepared from spent brewer's yeast on gelatinization and retrogradation of rice starch (RS) were investigated as functions of mixing ratio and of storage time. Results of rapid visco-analysis (RVA) indicated that addition of BG increased the peak, breakdown, setback, and final viscosities, but decreased the pasting temperatures of the rice starch/β-glucan (RS/BG) mixtu ...
- Kawai, K.; Fukami, K.; Yamamoto, K.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 530-535
- potato starch; water; mixtures; high pressure treatment; gelatinization; differential scanning calorimetry; enthalpy; retrogradation
- ... Potato starch-water mixture was treated with high hydrostatic pressure (HHP) of up to 1.2 GPa, and effect of starch content (10-70% (w/w)) on HHP-gelatinization was investigated by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). Depending on the treatment pressure and potato starch content, DSC thermograms showed decrease in enthalpy change of heat gelatinization reflecting the progress of HHP-gelatiniza ...