Jump to Main Content
- Palav, T.; Seetharaman, K.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 596-604
- heat treatment; microwave treatment; wheat starch; gels; physicochemical properties; starch granules; swelling (materials); texture; amylopectin; crystallization; gelatinization; thermal properties; pasting properties; enzymatic reactions
- ... The objective of this work was to understand the physico-chemical changes induced in a wheat starch model system as a result of microwave heating. Wheat starch dispersions in water, with final solids content of 33%, 40% or 50%, were heated in a microwave oven. Following heating the samples were stored at 25 °C for up to 120 h and analyzed periodically. Microwave heated gels were significantly diff ...
- Li, L.; Blanco, M.; Jane, J.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 630
- corn; Zea mays; corn starch; endosperm; pericarp; developmental stages; starch granules; microstructure; thermal properties; temperature; gelatinization; chemical structure; amylopectin; amylose; seeds; pollination
- ... Endosperm starch and pericarp starch were isolated from maize (B73) kernels at different developmental stages. Starch granules, with small size (2-4 μm diameter), were first observed in the endosperm on 5 days after pollination (DAP). The size of endosperm-starch granules remained similar until 12DAP, but the number increased extensively. A substantial increase in granule size was observed from 14 ...