Jump to Main Content
- Satrapai, S.; Suphantharika, M.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 500-510
- brewers yeast; beta-glucans; gelatinization; retrogradation; rice starch; mixing; storage; duration; temperature; viscosity; viscoelasticity; mixtures; gels; rheological properties; refrigeration; chilled foods; hydrocolloids
- ... The effects of β-glucan (BG) prepared from spent brewer's yeast on gelatinization and retrogradation of rice starch (RS) were investigated as functions of mixing ratio and of storage time. Results of rapid visco-analysis (RVA) indicated that addition of BG increased the peak, breakdown, setback, and final viscosities, but decreased the pasting temperatures of the rice starch/β-glucan (RS/BG) mixtu ...
- Martínez-Ruvalcaba, A.; Chornet, E.; Rodrigue, D.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2007 v.67 no.4 pp. 586-595
- chitosan; xanthan gum; viscoelasticity; shear stress; chemical concentration; dispersions; electrostatic interactions; rheological properties; swelling (materials); gels; equations; testing; duration; chemical structure; biopolymers; hydrocolloids
- ... In this work a gel was formed by complexation of two natural polyelectrolytes, chitosan and xanthan. Changes in the hydrogels rheological properties have been studied in terms of hydrogel concentration (7-10% w/w), chemical media used for the hydrogel dispersion, and 'test lag time'; i.e., the time between hydrogel dispersion in the chemical media and the start of the rheological test (up to 390 m ...