Jump to Main Content
- Fanta, G.F.; Felker, F.C.; Shogren, R.L.; Byars, J.A.; Salch, J.H.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2005 v.61 no.2 pp. 222
- corn starch; dispersions; heat treatment; cooling; particles; amylose; phospholipids; mineral oil
- ... Spherical/lobed and torus-shaped particles were formed when jet cooked cornstarch dispersions (4-10% starch solids) were slowly cooled for 22 h. When jet cooking was carried out in the presence of mineral oil, the torus-shaped particles did not form, but small spherical particles, about 1-2 micrometer in diameter, were observed. These small particles resembled those formed in wheat starch dispersi ...
- Peterson, S.C.; Fanta, G.F.; Adlof, R.O.; Felker, F.C.
- Carbohydrate polymers 2005 v.61 no.2 pp. 162
- corn starch; amylose; lipids; lipid composition; fatty acid esters
- ... Crystalline aggregates, resulting from crystallization of helical inclusion complexes of amylose with the native lipids in jet cooked cornstarch, exhibit two distinct morphologies: smaller, torus-shaped and larger, spherical/lobed particles. Gas chromatographic analyses of extracted lipids showed that these two species contained mixtures of the same native lipids found in granular cornstarch, alth ...